Sunday, November 9, 2008

Life's Little Adventures!

Hello Everyone! I'd like to extend a special greeting to Robin and Melissa. They were the first to welcome us into the blogging community, and we couldn't be more grateful!

As our profile states, Sandy and I are sisters. We share many of the same tastes, hobbies, goals, values and ideas - so we decided to follow our hearts and start a business that reflects our passions...Family, Home and all things vintage! Talk about a big step! It's a little scary, as we learn to juggle jobs, family, friends, and now this new endeavor! If that weren't enough, my "better half" and I recently purchased our first home together. I lovingly refer to it as our "little stone cottage"..(see below)




I fell absolutely, completely and utterly in love with this house the first time I drove up to it. I could FEEL how much it was meant to be mine. Once inside, it was apparent that the only updating to this (built in 1940) house was a family room addition that was put on in the late 60's - complete with dark, heavy paneling, those old porch style crank windows, and period sculptured shag carpeting. Needless to say, this will be a work in progress for me as I try to settle in and update at the same time. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you, and hopefully hearing your ideas and suggestions along the way!

5 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a message.

Welcome to the world of blogging. I must warn you though that it is addicting. LOL

Love the house. Very cute and I can't wait to see more.

Hugs,
Joanne

Robin said...

Oh such a sweet cottage! I LOVE a challenge like this! I can't wait to see the process of you making it yours!

Unknown said...

Oh how fun for you-- what a sweet little place. Welcome to blogland!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Shari, Your new home is adorable and I can certainly see why you wanted that house.
You are a very special person and you deserve only the best. We will get out your way soon! I promise!
See you soon!
Jil

fannipauline said...

Hi Shari, I just discovered your blog. I love your house - I would have fallen in love with it too when I first saw it. I am excited for you and I wish you only the very best of luck in remodeling and also your business. In October I am going to re-open my business that has been closed for 5 years. I am excited about it. Hugs....Pauline